Byfleet Heritage Society
The ancient Parish of Byfleet has had an interesting and varied history, and has some beautiful areas within its boundary.
This competition gives the opportunity for us to celebrate it.
The winning entries will be used to create a calender . Byfleet Heritage Society Photographic Competition Rules Download a PDF copy of the rules here: Rules Return
Byfleet Heritage Society's 2020 photographic competition for the 2021 calendar
1) The subject for the Byfleet Heritage Society's Photographic Competition 2019/2020 is 'The Seasons of Byfleet'. The theme is open to individual interpretation, but must clearly show a location in the ancient parish of Byfleet.
2) Entrants can submit up to four photographs, either as prints or electronic images, in colour or black & white.
3) Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants may enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer, etc, but not manipulate the content. Byfleet Heritage Society, and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
4) The competition is open to all. Competition judges and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the the of 12 years need to have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
5) Each entry should be marked with the name, address, and contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) of the entrant, and where the photo was taken.
6) Entries may be left at Byfleet Community Library, High Road, Byfleet, KT14 7QN, in a sealed envelope clearly marked 'Byfleet Heritage Society Photo Competition', or posted to Tessa Westlake, 8 Brewery Lane, Byfleet, KT14 7PQ. Electronic entries should be emailed to Photos@ByfleetHeritage.org.uk
7) The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
8) The competition closes at midnight on Sunday 31st May, 2020.
9) Entrants who would like their entries returned should include either a SAE or a note stating that they will collect them from Byfleet Community Library after the judging has taken place.
10) All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. They will consider a range of factors, including composition, technical ability, originality, and interpretation of the brief. The judges' decisions will be final, and no correspondence can be entered into
11) The winning photographs will be featured in our 2021 calendar, a copy of which will be presented to each successful entrant.
12) All entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered, and must have obtained the permission of any people featured in the entries or of their parents/guardians if children under the age of 16 years are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13) Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to Byfleet Heritage Society. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Byfleet Heritage Society the right to publish and exhibit their photographs, both at Byfleet Community Library or other similar location, and on the Society's website or Facebook page. Entrants whose photographs are selected to appear in the Heritage Society's calendar for 2021, pursuant to paragraph 10 above, grant to Byfleet Heritage Society the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Photographers will be credited wherever their photograph is used.
14) By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules, and Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if it has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
15) Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise which are outside of its control.
16) If a winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to use a chosen photograph in the 2021 calendar and any subsequent exhibitions.
17) These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Byfleet Heritage Society.
The ancient Parish of Byfleet has had an interesting and varied history, and has some beautiful areas within its boundary. This competition gives the opportunity for us to celebrate it. The winning entries will be used to create a calender .
Byfleet Heritage Society Photographic Competition Rules
Download a PDF copy of the rules here: Rules