Byfleet Heritage Society
The ancient Parish of Byfleet has had an interesting and varied history, and some beautiful areas within its boundary.
This competition gives the opportunity for us to celebrate it.
The winning entries will be used to create a calender and possibly a range of post cards. Byfleet Heritage Society Photographic Competition Rules Download a PDF copy of the rules here: Rules Return
Byfleet Heritage Society's photographic competition for 2011
1) The subject for the Byfleet Heritage Society Photographic Competition 2011 is the Ancient Parish of Byfleet. The theme is open to individual interpretation and can be of landscape, wildlife, architecture or any other aspect of life in the local area.
2) Entries must be taken in the area of the ancient Parish of Byfleet.
3) Entrants can submit up to four photos either as prints or electronic images, in colour or black and white.
4) Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. Byfleet Heritage Society and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
5) The competition is open to all. Competition judges and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
6) Each entry should be marked with name, address, contact telephone number (both daytime and evening) and where the photo was taken.
8) Entries can be left at Byfleet Library, High Road, Byfleet, or posted to Jeff Sechiari, Manor Side East, Mill Lane, Byfleet, Surrey KT14 7RS. Electronic entries should be emailed to Photos@ByfleetHeritage.org.uk
9) The competition closes at midnight on Friday 2nd September 2011.
10) If you would like your entries returned, please either include an SAE or a note that you will pick them up from Byfleet Library after the judging has taken place. The organisers accept no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
11) All entries will be judged by a panel of judges. They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality, and interpretation of the brief. The winning photographs will be used to publish a 2012 calendar. The judges' decisions will be final and no correspondence can be entered into.
12) All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
13) Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to Byfleet Heritage Society. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Byfleet Heritage Society the right to publish and exhibit their photographs both at Byfleet Library or other similar location, and on the Society’s website. Entrants whose photographs are selected to appear in the Heritage Society’s Calendar 2012 pursuant to paragraph 11 above grant to Byfleet Heritage Society the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Photographers will be credited where their photograph is used.
16) By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if Byfleet Heritage Society has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
17) Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
18) If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, Byfleet Heritage Society reserves the right to use the chosen photograph in the calendar and any subsequent exhibitions.
19) These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Byfleet Heritage Society.
The ancient Parish of Byfleet has had an interesting and varied history, and some beautiful areas within its boundary. This competition gives the opportunity for us to celebrate it. The winning entries will be used to create a calender and possibly a range of post cards.
Byfleet Heritage Society Photographic Competition Rules
Download a PDF copy of the rules here: Rules